Question
Posted by: Dee | 2006/03/31

BREAST CANCER?

I have had lumps in my breasts since the age of 32 I am now 38 and have to go for a scan on a 6 monthly basis, however i am no longer on a medical aid and have not been for a scan for over a year. At the last scan their were approximately 7 lumps with the biggest one measuring 16mm x 10mm, I have recently started experiencing pins and needles in my right arm and have detected more lumps in the right breast. I reside in Kwa Zulu Natal and do not know who to see for a scan and/or mammogram. Please advise whether this is serious enough to warrant a hospital visit and if so who will help me. I do not have the necessary funds for expensive hospitals. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Dear Dee
I think the cheapest for you will be to go to your nearest provincial hospital and ask the doctor in Outpatients to organize a mammogram and or sonar for you. I think you should keep an eye on these lumps.