Question
Posted by: mandy | 2004/02/07

Breast cancer?

I have had a vague tenderness under my left breast and towards my side for awhile,and the last few days tenderness in my breast area itself, on self examination there are no lumps in my breast tissue itself but deeper down against my ribs almost there seems a slight hardening.
Could this be reason to worry? I have heard and not sure if it is true that most cancerous lumps appear in the area under the arm towards the breast.

Surgeons are the people who deal with breast lumps, not gynaecologists. Perhaps you should consult your doctor.