Question
Posted by: Kleo | 2006/10/25

Breakup? HOW?

Guys,

I have been trying to break up with my boyfriend since June this year.
I send him messages, but it seems he just ignores them and soon after what’s calls me and talks about other things. (How is my day, advice on where to buy a house, the weather etc).
The only thing he will say is-pls stop sending me messages like this u r hurting me.

The sad thing I only realised now, that I made a mistake by getting involved with him. First, I didn’t try to get to know him first, and soon as I got to know him realise that he is not the one I want.
Second, I also have had nothing but BIG BIG problems since I met him, and nothing has changed in 2 years, the more I further communicate with him the more they mount up..
I have tried talking to him as well but he says I bring tears to his eyes.
Guys, how do u communicate with someone that u don’t want them without hurting them and for him to understand better and let me go?????????

Send him a final message confirming that it is over and you want no further discussion about it, and wish him well for the rest of your life --- then change your phone numbers

4
Posted by: Kleo | 2006/10/26

Thanks everyone, especially Chelle and Cybershink.
Thanks again.

Reply to Kleo
Posted by: EASY | 2006/10/25

FIND ANOTHER GUY AND BONK HIS BRAINS OUT AND LET YOUR BOYFRIEND FIND OUT .............YOU CAN EVEN SEND HIM PICS ...P.S I WILL BE THE GUY IF YOU WANT

Reply to EASY
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/10/25

There is no way to end a relationship with someone who loves you, without hurting the person. What you have to remember is the longer you wait, the harder it will be for him.

You can't break up with someone via sms. You should talk to him, no matter how difficult, and explain that things aren't working out the way you anticipated. Don't give him false hope and don't go into too much painful detail either.

Tell him that although it's difficult you don't want him to contact you any more, and that you need to make a clean break, and that he has to take you seriously, and not ignore what you've said.

When you break up with him, it seems that his feelings suddenly take precedence. He says that you bring tears to his eyes, and then suddenly your feelings aren't considered in all this. It becomes about him. That to me isn't healthy at all!

Best wishes.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: !! | 2006/10/25

I think you have to realise that no matter how you do this it is going to hurt him. Sending him sms's is extremely childish, you got into this relationship by accident you say, well thats not fair on him. If you want out, you have to behave like an adult and tell him straight.

Reply to !!