Question
Posted by: jane | 2007/07/24

Breakthrough bleeding

I forgot to take my pill (Melodene) on Saturday. I was about 2 weeks into a new pack. On sunday I had quite heavy breakthrough bleeding. This made some sense to me. It stopped on Monday, but today (Tuesday) it has started again. I only missed one day. When I take the placebo pills at the end of the cycle it normally takes two days for my period to set in.
Is this ongoing breakthrough bleeding normal after missing only one pill mid cycle?

Yes it is likely that this is breakthrough bleeding from stopping and then restarting the Pill.