Posted by: Lesley | 2010/09/28


Hi. Iv always had a smooth clear skin.Im 33 and use environ.My skin has suddendly broken out in a very fine rash with no other symptons and no redness. The skin just has a fine layer of rash, almost like a babies heat rash,,,,but not red. Any idea what this could be as I went from a smooth face to this now!!! I stated using yarleys mineral face powder and use to feel a bit of a itch after, but never break out. I used it for a few weeks and Iv been spending time in the sun, 2days a week in the heat without sunblock lately fo the last month or so. i started used a sunblock twice. The rash looking skin has been here for 2 weeks now.Could either one of these things be the cause, could I be reacting to the sun, or an ingreddient in the sunblock i used which is Everysun or the yardley mineral powder, that made me slightly itchy when i put it on with the brush they give??. Iv bought a sunblock SPF30 specifically for the face...Nivea which I want to use but Im afraid to use anything for now until it clears up. I know its difficut to diagnose, but can you advice me on what to do, so I can get my smooth skin back. Im fair skinned and currently using environ products (using them for 8 months now with no issues)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lesley, thank you for the question.

You are correct in that this is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin first before deciding on the best treatment option. From your descriptipon it sounds like you are experiencing some for of allergic reaction or dermatitis to one of the ingredients.

Your best approach would be to see your family doctor and to stop using the new products. If all the symptoms disappear then one can introduce them one at a time as this will allow you to determine which one has given the skin rash.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.