Question
Posted by: Lost | 2007/12/04

Breaking point

My husband is a drug addict, he won't admit though. His life is out of control. Problem is that I want to get divorced, but postponed the court date because it was in the middle of my kids exams. My kids and I live in our granny flat (not ideal), because we are renovating our house and it has really taken forever, more than a year. I am frustrated, angy, and bitter, I feel as if I am about to snap. My children too are frustrated and angry because we are living in limbo, there seems to be no end to the mess that our life has become. My question... do I move out with the kids, for our peace of mind so that we at least feel normal. Or do I stay at home? If I move out, there is no doubt my husband will have his "friends" stay over or move in and I risk losing all the money I have put into the house. Our lives cannot get any worse than it is at this point. I need some contructive input. thank you.

Until he sincerely admits it, of course, he can't really be helped.Get a good legal opinion about divorce and think carefully about it. Make sure that you don't move out until you have god a court order preserving everything you have put into the house for you and also enough of his share to pay maintenance on the kids, and don't let him sink your savings into his drug habit.

1
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/12/04

i gues you are right by not moving out, else he will party as you say, give him preasure he must go to rehab for kids sake and your marriage.

don't forget to be polite when you talk to him because if u shout you'll fail to convey the message.

Reply to Lolo