Question
Posted by: miri | 2004/10/27

Breakfast and Supper

would skipping supper be bad for health reasons in an attempt to loose weight? i eat balanced all day long with all food groups and minimum portions and fruit for snacks inbetween so that i eat every 3 hrs but i am not loosing so was wondering if i could skip supper because i did it once and lost quite a bit. Is it healthy to skip supper just the one meal? what are the complications or could i maybe skip every 2nd nite instead?

Is it true that to boost metabolism and loose faster one should vary what you have for breakfast i.e. wholewheat bread today and tomorrow low fat cereal with yoghurt next day 1 boiled egg and rye bread etc etc... I eat the same thing for breakfast every morning and wonder if that is not hampering my weight loss. I have 30 grams of weigh less muesli with 175ml low fat vanilla yoghurt.

Dear Miri
Skipping meals is not really a good idea although you could have a light supper of small portions of lean grilled neat or fish or a boiled or poached egg with brown rice or Durum pasta and steamed vegetables or salads and a fruit. It is also always a good idea to eat a variety of foods, but if your present breakfast is convenient then you can continue using it. The very best way to boost your metabolism is to start doing regular exercise - jog, skip, swim, cycle, skip, or join Walk for Life or a good gym.

1
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/27

I eat muesli in the morning with yoghurt as well, and i've put on weight since i started doing that! I asked today if muesli is fattening, apparently it is! So try switching to a high fibre breakfast, like high fibre bran or oats or something, with low-fat milk. Plus as far as i know your body does get used to eating the same thing every day.

Reply to Rene