Question
Posted by: MK | 2004/11/22

Break-outs on back

My husband generally has a healthy skin, except for on his back where he is prone to frequent break outs. He washes and exfoliates his back regularly, but this does not seem to help. He does spend a large amount of time in his car driving which probably does not help matters much (back gets hot and sweaty)Should he be seeing a dermatologist?

MK, you can get him an antibacterial soap like Hibiscrub® and wash his back for him every day and see if it helps. It might also be due to a superficial fungal infection, but I can’t make a diagnosis from this side of the screen. The best would be for him to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.