Question
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/27

bread scam?

Also you know that new bread from albany? The one that looks and tastes like white bread, but has all the goodness of brown bread? Do you think thats just a scam? I was gonna have egg & toast this morning, but i looked at that albany bread and just couldn't bring myself to have any cuz it looks like white bread! It isn't whole wheat like brown bread.

Dear Rene
No this is not a scam. The bread really contains as much dietary fibre and other nutrients as brown bread. However, if you prefer wholewheat then use that instead.

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/10/27

Hi Rene

It's not a scam.

The bread does look like white bread, doesn't exactly taste like white bread, and has the same fibre content as brown bread.

It does not have the same fibre content as whole wheat bread, and neither does brown bread.

If you are that concerned about the goodness of the bread, check the nutritional info on the pack, and then compare it to the other 2 breads and make your decision based on that. It is illegal for any company to put incorrect data on the nutritional labels, so that's a pretty good indicator for you to use.

Reply to FH