Question
Posted by: samwisee | 2006/10/27

Bread

Hi there. since last year xmas i have put on a total of 20kgs... The reason, not eating the whole day ,waking up at 5 every morning, to get to work and getting home at 7 every night. So when i do it eat its lots of butter, white bread and anything else for a snack to start before supper.
I have now since a 2 weeks ago, determined to lose the weight, at the moment i dont have the money to go to a gym, so diet will have to play the for the weight loss.

I have been eating six small meals a day now and feel fuller and with a little more energy as well. I love weetbix and eat one bix with a little marmite or honey spread on it(no marg). Now i love bread alot and any type of it. So now i eat wholewheat, but what i would like to know can i eat the new LOW GI SEED bread instead of weetbix all the time? I would only have one slice(one bix) every 3 and a half hours..

Should I completely cut out all bread, or can alternate every day with weetbix? I mean can i still eat bread??? or should i go for any other type of carb?

Many Thanks
SHermon

Dear SamWisee
Eating low GI bread is the best option as this keeps your blood sugar and insulin levels steady and prevents hunger. I trust that you are also eating other foods on this diet (fruit, vegetables, fat-free milk and dairy products, lean meat and fish, eggs, etc)?? otherwise you will develop deficiencies. You can of course do a variety of exercises at home without having to pay for a gym - skipping is an excellent exercise which promotes weight loss. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for home exercises you can do.

2
Posted by: Help | 2006/10/30

I really like you diet, it can work for me but what if you crave for the odd sweetie etc? what do you do then?

Reply to Help
Posted by: Bread Lover | 2006/10/28

You can have Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast
Fruit for a mid morning snack

Lunch: Salad, with chicken/ostrich/tuna/curried fish then I also have 2 slices of Low GI seed loaf, NO MARG
Supper: Whatever the family is eating but smaller servings, to "fool" the brain dish up on a smaller plate. I have no Bread at supper, but if I feel like something different I mix chicken/turkey into a salad and roll it in a wholewheat roti.

If you feel hungery in the afternoon have a small fat free yoghurt or 2 provita with sugar free/salt free penaut butter (black cat) or with cottage cheese

Drink sugar free rinks, I hate water but add sweeto to is and can easily drink 2l/day.

Don't drink too much water as your body can become water logged, no really I'm serious this is information from my endocrinologist and physician, its a myth that drinking 2l of water a day helps you lose weight, all it does it dampens the hunger.

Divine - I have lost 34kgs since Feb this year eating this way and feel fantasitc with loads of energy

Reply to Bread Lover