Question
Posted by: samwise | 2006/10/27

Bread????

Hi there. since last year xmas i have put on a total of 20kgs... The reason, not eating the whole day ,waking up at 5 every morning, to get to work and getting home at 7 every night. So when i do it eat its lots of butter, white bread and anything else for a snack to start before supper.
I have now since a 2 weeks ago, determined to lose the weight, at the moment i dont have the money to go to a gym, so diet will have to play the for the weight loss.

I have been eating six small meals a day now and feel fuller and with a little more energy as well. I love weetbix and eat one bix with a little marmite or honey spread on it(no marg). Now i love bread alot and any type of it. So now i eat wholewheat, but what i would like to know can i eat the new LOW GI SEED bread instead of weetbix all the time? I would only have one slice(one bix) every 3 and a half hours..

Should I completely cut out all bread, or can alternate every day with weetbix?

Many Thanks
SHermon

Hi Samwise

I don't believe in cutting out foods altogether, though certainly replacing white bread with wholewheat is a healthier option, but I don't see drastic cutting out as very sustainable.

However for specific diet advice, I'm certainly not the person to ask - that would be Diet Doc, I'll make no claims about being an expert on diet!

As for exercise, I agree with Mike, that you should still try to exercise. You don't need to spend money - walking or jogging is free, you can do it 45 minutes, 4 or 5 times a week and it'll really help your training along, so I think that you should seriously consider it as a big part of this lifestyle change.

1
Posted by: Mike | 2006/10/27

Although i go to gym, if you can't afford gym you can still exercise. Walking, running skipping, push-ups.
If you wanna get rid of fat then its important.
Bread is carbs and your body needs carbs for energy, so eat low GI bread everyday with low fat marg and a balanced diet. Have your weebix with fat-free milk. Calcium is important for strong bones.
Eating regularly, like you currently are will improve your metabolism.

Reply to Mike