Question
Posted by: BATMAN | 2003/02/02

BREAD

Can you suggest something to replace bread. Bread (all breads) and provita's seem to bloat me. I eat tuna every second day for lunch and have tried to eat it with just a salad but it not as good a a sandwich. Is there any form of carb that I can use in place of bread that wont cause bloatedness and sluggishness in my system.

Dear Batman
It is difficult to decide if you are sensitive to wheat or some other component of bread and crisp breads. If you are sensitive to wheat and the best way to determine this, is to have your dr do some tests, then probably the best solution is to buy rice cakes. The latter are available in a variety of flavours, although plain ones will probably taste best with the tuna.

1
Posted by: wakechick | 2003/02/03

Batman i have a similar problem, it may be the gluten that's affecting you. Try rye bread, it actually is very nice contrary to popular belief. pick 'n pay has nice soft loaves, and woolworths has slices with things like pumpkin seeds etc in it as well - so you can still have your sandwich!!! (i agree, a sandwitch is THE best food ever!)

Reply to wakechick