Question
Posted by: broken heart | 2006/11/13

brake up....

Please can anyone tell me how to get over a brake up......
It did not come from my side at all - he decided to brake up with me. I love him soo much and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. THe one day he even told me i was the only person for him and that he will one day ask me to marry him, and another thing he told me was that no matter what.... he would never leave me. Then a week ago he brakes up with me saying that i am too needy, clingy and jealous and i am stopping him from growing.

I agree i was very jealous but there were def things he did that would bring it on - please tell me if i am over reacting....

- We would go out and if he saw someone he knew he would compleatly forget about me and socialize with that person - leaving me out totally....

- He would not notice when girls were flirting with him right in front of me and would be very friendly to them - there for making me feel like a compleat idiot and very insecure

- He got very close to one girl at work that really put me under a great deal of pain.... They went on a work holiday together with his work collegues and this is when i think they got close......

The one morning he stayed over at me and he got a call from this thing asking for a lift to work as her car was still at the function that they were both at the night b4, (because she was too drunk to drive). And because he always trys to please other people he went and picked her up at her house and took her to work and then another incadent with this same girl..... she was promoting at some place and did not know anyone so she asked my BF to go with to keep her company and he did - but he forgot totally about our plans as i had asked if we could go to the movies the night b4 and he said yes - it just made me feel very hurt that he would want to please her but then not care how i felt and that he just brushed of our plans for her.....

Was i HONESTLY over reacting by getting clingy and jealous?
Need honest answers please. I am hurting soo much right now and missing him too much...... it feels like i will never get over this - i just feel like ending things......

,,,,,

8
Posted by: Andrie | 2006/11/13

Another excellent book that anyone who has experienced a break up, should definately get, is :" Its called a breakup, because its broken". Excellent book, please do yourself a favour and read it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Andrie
Posted by: emma | 2006/11/13

i no everyones advise sounds easier aid than done. but it is the truth cliche or not. girlfriend, do yourself a favour and go out and buy the book he is just not that into you. it may sound crazy but you should never ever settle for anything less than your prince charming!!! take this in your stride as a lesson, move on and let go. ask yourself this question. what is the worst thing that can happen. nothing, a couple months of heartache, but afterwards you will be stronger and you would havfe moved beyond this toffee who calls himself a man!!!

Reply to emma
Posted by: calm | 2006/11/13

girl i was in ur shoes not so long ago, and now 9 months later i am happily with someone who loves me truly and we are planning to get married, time heals and there is that someone special for you out there, he will come YOU DESERVE THAN THAT BASTARD and if he wants to come back later on DONT EVER TAKE HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST!

Reply to calm
Posted by: Just a Dude | 2006/11/13

Take it as part of life sister.Chances are that he was'nt really in love with you.He was messing around with you.
Every good person, deserves not even the best frog.
Every humble heart deserves more than just a frog.
Patience pays. One step every morning, with a smile on your face, means one step closer to healing your broken heart. It may seem really hard to live after a break all this.TIME, as many have already said in this forum, is the only best doctor available. Good luck!

Reply to Just a Dude
Posted by: Jenine | 2006/11/13

Maybe it's for the best! I really hope that you get over this guy!
Believe me you deserve somebody better! A guy who will feel about you as much as you do about him! They are out there, just be patient! A friend told me once: you have to kiss alot of frogs before you can get your prince!
No guy is worth crying over, and the ones who are will never make you cry!
Good luck girl, hang in there!! It might feel like dying now, but believe me - you will survive and you won't die!! ;-)

Reply to Jenine
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/13

in other words you werent as important to him as what he was to you. sorry but you cant put up with that. you will be left behind if you do.

Reply to kat
Posted by: broken heart | 2006/11/13

Thanks Kat - I honestly dont think he ever did anything with her - it was just the fact that he forgot about me for her and it made me feel very hurt....

Reply to broken heart
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/13

ok there might have been times that you did over react but the thing with this other thing from his work doesnt sound all innocent. eitherway he broke up with you because he doesnt want to be with you surely you want to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them. i think you should look hard at yourself and focus on getting what you want and forgetting about loosers who use you till they find someone else. you are better off with out him and you need to let go of him by realising that if he can be like this you dont want him anyway coz you are worth more than this.

Reply to kat