Question
Posted by: sanny | 2007/12/05

brain Haemorrhage

I read an article about Ceaserean birth on this website and one of the risks listed is a Haemorrhage. I'm more interested in a Brain Haemorrhage, is there a connection between a c-section and a brain Haemorrhage? can one suffer from a brain Haemorrhage as a result of /a side effect of a c-section operation?
what causes a brain Haemorrhage?

Dear Sanny
Any operation whether a C/S or gall bladder operation or appendix operation can have side effects. The main danger is development of deep vein thrombosis which can cause small clots to get dislodged and end up in the brain causing a stroke. However, this is luckily rare because doctors take precautions against it. Some patients develop clotting problems after a operation which can cause bleeding at the wound site or in the brain - also rare.