Question
Posted by: Employer | 2005/06/10

Brain damage

3 of our employees were involved in a high impact vehicle accident which left one of them seriously injured. After 4 weeks in ICU he was transferred to a physical rehabilitation clinic. His dr informed me that due to his injuries he suffered serious brain damage and will never be able to work again. His prognoses doesn’t look too promising as they suspect that he might be institutionalised for live – at this stage he considered paraplegic and is unable to talk.

His family is illiterate and he has no one to look out for him. He is a minor (20 years old) and his girlfriend is expecting his baby.

Very concerned about his future – and that of his child – we desperately want to assist him to ensure he gets a fair disability claim lodged with WCA (as well as the road accident fund). Can you put me in contact with someone able to help?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

I assume the employees wre in your vehicle performing duties on behalf of your company?

You could contact the OCSA office for advice and possible assisstance in co-ordinating the case etc.

See OCSA website header on my page.