Question
Posted by: mickey | 2007/06/19

Brain

Dear doc
please could you tell me how anti-depresents work and what happens to the brain can depression be cured

Check in the Brain section of H24 where I'm sure you'll find a full explanation. Depression can often be cured, and can usually be relieved. There are various theories, but it seems clear that there are unhelpful variations in the available amounts of a number of chemicals normally available in tiny but significant amounts at the nerve endings, helping to passes signals from one nerve to the other. Overall, some of these chemicals, like Serotonin may be less available than usual in Depression, and antidepressant medications help to make them effectively more available, returning one's brain in significant areas, to more normal levels of functioning