Question
Posted by: Vinny | 2004/10/13

Brachial Plexis (R)

3 years ago in a motor vehicle accident one of the injuries I suffered is a Brachial Plexis (R). Is there any treatment that can be considered or advances in tehcnology?

Expert ImageArchive

Brachial Plexus injuries range in severity and therefore range in limitations as a result. Depending on the nature of the brachial plexus injury and the degree to which it was injured, the treatment will vary. Hands on treatment such as physiotherapy have proved successful in releasing the tissues surrounding the nerves, whereas exercises to restore functionality and strength, provided by biokineticists, are also an important aspect of your rehab. If there are muscular limitations or imbalances, a biokineticist will be able to provide you with exercises to regain neuromuscular control (activation of muscles) as well as strengthen the areas affected by the nerve damage.

1
Posted by: Hitender | 2005/06/15

The wife of my friend suffered a shoulder dislocation which resulted into Brachial Plexsis. This happened a month ago.She cannot move her right forearm,.wrist and fingers after the inrury and is undergoing physiootherapy. Please suggest? What is the recovery rate and period ?

Reply to Hitender