Question
Posted by: Upset | 2007/05/04

Boyfriends sister

I did speak to other members of the family regarding this sister who told me to f'off and they say that they've heard nothing and no one has said anything that I don't fit in or they do not like me and in anycase none of them have perfect marriages and it's the brother or sister who needs to live with the partner not them.

My own sister has advised me to just leave it and kill her with kindness if and when we do see each other at family gatherings ?

Sounds like real progress --- you have discovered that nobody else has any problems about you and that this nasty sister is on her own ( and now if she should start to say anything nasty about you, they'll not be ready to take it seriously ). And your own sister makes sense --- nothing annoys a nasty person as effectively as being nice to them and seeming to misunderstand anything unpleasant they say.

1
Posted by: Poppy | 2007/05/04

There has to be a reason why she has suddenly changed. I disagree with your sister and try and kill the situation with kindness - you don't want to be a g*t kruiper and feel like a dog. If the other family members are fine with you then don't stress. I am sure she will eventually come around

Reply to Poppy