Question
Posted by: blinkie | 2004/11/12

boyfriends mother driving me crazy!!!

My boyfriend and i have been together for about 3 years, the problem is his mother drives me crazy. we get on well and have had our fallouts but she is so over protective over him. and when ever he goes to his mom cuz he's upset or had a bad day at work, she phones me and rubs it in my face, every time! when he's sick she says "well he never got sick when he lived with me" and it just never ends. i know he loves his mom dearly and is very close with her, but her behavuir is not normal. i think she try's to get from her son, emotionally, what she doesn't get from her husband. how do i handle this?

Discuss this with him, including how annoying and hurtful it is for you. She sees you as a rival. Of course it's utter nonsense to say he was never sick when with her -- what, in all those years, no colds or flu ? No measles ? No sunburn ? And maybe tell him if he doesn't find, with you, a better way to deal with this, it's either marriage counselling or an end to the relationship unless mother backs off and stays there. .

3
Posted by: phuti | 2004/11/12

oh!!! forget her, they are always like that. they like to control our men and forget that they are only their mothers, i hat a mother who always controls his son or son controlleed by mother. tell your b/f you don't like his mothers' reaction.

Reply to phuti
Posted by: LD | 2004/11/12

Ignore her. Ignore her. She only wants to upset you and you are giving her the satisfaction. Set some boundaries with your boyfriend as well. No one is allowed to take your business outside the house. He should also set boundaries for his mom where you are concerned.

Reply to LD
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/12

Sounds like your bf is the one with the problem, why does he run to his mom when he is upset / had a hard day?? You are there to share those things with... and together work on making it better. I think he is the one that has to be less dependant on his mom, that way she will be less involved in your life.

Reply to Mona