Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2006/04/03

Boyfriend's diet

My Boyfriend asked me yesterday if I could help him lose some weight. He asked me to make a eating plan for him. I don't know much about the right eating plans because I never had to go on a diet. He is 20 years, 1,78 in length and weighs 93kg. He requested that the plan has 6 meals a day like any healthy diet. Would you please help me get a eating plan for him. He is studying and thus does'nt have a lot of money, he is in hostel and does'nt know much about cooking. Please keep that in mind when you are helping. In short he wants: 1.To lose about 10kg
2. 6 meals a day
3. Not a lot of money
4. Easy to make
I would be very thankfull if you could help
Thank You very much.

Nicky

Dear Nicky
I can't work out individual diets for Readers as I just don't have the time to do this - spend hours and hours a day answer all these questions. I can refer you to the Slimming diet on the Diet section of the Health24 Website: click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'The Right Approach' and 'Slimming Diet'. You can split the main meals into smaller meals, e.g. breakfast fruit and high-bran cereal with fat-free milk or yoghurt, and morning break - 2 slices of wholewheat bread with a boiled egg, etc. While you are on the Diet site do some surfing to see if there is more information that you can use. Also encourage your boyfriend to start getting active, i.e. running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life, as exercise helps weight loss and also improves the chances of sticking to his diet.