Question
Posted by: Suri | 2004/11/16

Boyfriend situation

CS, Shaun and the others.

Thank you so much for your advice.

CS, I took your advice and I did realise that I was over doing it. Trying too much to show my love for him.

This morning when I spoke to him on the phone, I didn't go emotional and start to cry because he isn't here with me. Instead I focused on what we could when we see each other again. He is so excited and can't wait to see me again, he even decided not to take the additional days leave.

I realised that with me being so emotional I tend to scare him and thats when he starts to pull away. When I just let myself be normal and not worry and stress about it, he is so much relaxed.. I love it...

Marvellous, isn't it ? --- sometimes we can try far too hard, and achieve LESS the harder we try, and it becomes useful to turn down the intensity a bit. OK, it won't always be easy --- nothing worthwhile ever is. But it will become easier to achieve, until it becomes second nature, and no longer an effort at all. Keep up the good effort till then !

3
Posted by: Suri | 2004/11/16

Thanx Shaun,

It is not easy and not going to be easy. I know he is busy sight seeing at the moment but the temptation to phone hi m is so great. But I have to stop myself because I know he is going to say that he is busy driving or something and will not be able to talk. Then I will feel hurt.

so I am not going to phone him until much later, when I know he will be free. Or if he decides to phone me earlier than that.

Reply to Suri
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/16

Hi Suri,

Well done. Try to remember to keep yourself in check about CS's advice. Knowing you thus far I am sure you will.

Thanx for the feedback Suri.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/16

Sounds good Suri... take it one step at a time.

Reply to Inc