Question
Posted by: Colisha | 2004/01/12

Boyfriend problems

I have been dating this guy for almost 4 yrs now. During this period, he has not been working. He is very aggressive and rude with me when he gets drunk. He broke up with me a couple of times, and once during one of our break-ups, he kissed another girl. He admitted it, and I was terribly upset, because he said he would never do something like that. He lies to me, breaks promisses, go out with his friends, gets drunk, and doesn't come home, or phone to say where he is. After he enjoyed himself, he would come home, wait for ME to ask HIM what happened, and tells me he won't blame me for being angry with him, and asks me to forgive him. This kind of thing happens once or twice every month. He was never like this in the beginning of our relationship, and I can just not take this anymore. I love him, but I don't think that It's worth it anymore. What should I do?

Colisha --- in your descripion of this guy, I hear absolutely nothing whatever worth loving. Why should you take any more of his mistreatment and selfishness ? Why should you keep on forgiving him, which just encourages him to get worse ? There are far, far better men out there -- why not aim for a more wholesome relationship with someone who will respect you and care for you ?

5
Posted by: Dangerously Inlove | 2004/01/13

Let me tell you, I know what you are going through. I went out a guy, he had a job, but he treated me the same way yours does. Went out, did not bother to phone me and came home drunk. I loved him to bits and would die for him (contemplated this on too many occassions). Then I wrote to this column because when I eventually broke up with him and found that a few weeks later he had another girlfriend was on the verge of ending my life. Cyberdoc helped me so much that today, 2 months and a week later I can smile and say... I am single because I think...

Reply to Dangerously Inlove
Posted by: volcano | 2004/01/12

I am sure that you stay with this wimp because he is a master manipulator and can get you stay with him and help him and forgive, time after time. And it will remain like that. Listen to all the advice above and be determined, regardless of what he says, to get rid of him.

Reply to volcano
Posted by: reality | 2004/01/12

how does he get drunk if he has not got a job? where does he get the money from? do you give it to him? you need to love yourselfr more , you deserve more than this .DUMP HIM TODAY

Reply to reality
Posted by: Mona | 2004/01/12

I agree, its time to move on, life is too short to be unhappy! You could be missing the chance of meeting Mr Right that will love you, care for you, carry you on his hands! You leave this looser, and find yourself some happiness!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Jasmine | 2004/01/12

Why are you letting yourself being treated like this? Move on, believe me you wont regret it!

Reply to Jasmine