Question
Posted by: Stupid | 2007/05/11

Boyfriend of more than 5 years

I must be stupid to think that things will get better with my boyfriend of my than 5 years, I actually don't know exactly how long we have been together for.

Broke things off with him just before Xmas and told him (I lied, just to make things easier for me) that I had found someone else. He promised me everything that I ever wanted and now 6 months down the line, we back to NOTHING and when I mentioned, just playing around, where our honeymoon would be, he told me that I am putting too much pressure on him.

I know have to find a place to stay, he lives in a 3 bedroom place alone, but doesn't ask me to move in.

AM I STUPID? IS HE TAKING ME FOR A RIDE?

You're not stupid, but maybe a tad over-optimistic. If over 5 years is felt as rushing him and putting on too much pressure, and if he hasn't changed for the better in 5 years, further change really isn't likely. He doesn't sound as though he's even particularly fond of you, let alone in love. Wouldn;t it be better to consider moving on and finding someone who actually appreciates you ?

1
Posted by: Britty | 2007/05/12

You are not stupid as you realise there is something wrong which is why you've written asking for help. Listen to those feelings of unease that made you write in. Move on and find someone who is so crazy in love with you he couldn't wait a month never mind 5 years for committment. Take care.

Reply to Britty