Question
Posted by: Thuli | 2004/11/23

Boyfriend having terrible headaches after argument. What to do?

My b/friend and I have a healthy r/ship and we hardly fight. I believe once in a while couples have differences there and there which end up in an argument even if its minor. The problem I have is that whenever we have a minor argument (either its me or him who is wrong), He complains about terrible headaches and will drink a lot of Panado's. This makes me feel bad as I dont know how to handle it.

I sat down with him and talked about it, and he told me that he started having these headaches when he fights with his ex. He had a terrible r/ship and the exgirlfriend use to cheat on him and she was so aggresive. She even tried to kill him by poisoning him and she once stabbed him with a knife and ended up in Hospital.

I sometimes feel like when we argue, it reminds him of the time he had with his Exgirlfriend and thats why these headaches come.

What do I do to help him. Its difficult for me to be submissive all the time to avoid ushaving an argument,its frustrating. Even if we argue, I end up apologising for the sake of his health.

When he have these headaches, I can see these "cells" coming out and he will start complaining of the pain. How DO I LIVE IN A PERFECT RELATRIONSHIP Where there is no argument/differences.

I would appreciate ur responses

BY the way, with pain, 1 or 2 panados might help --- there's never any point in taking more than 2, as if that's not enough to handle the pain, it needs something stronger, and if it's persisting, maybe to see a doctor. Too many Panados can be bad for one's physical health.
As for your bf's headaches, you could be right that part of the problem is that any conflict reminds him of the nightmare of a time with his horrible Ex. But it ruins a relationshi-p if you feel you have to be submissive and agree with everything just to prevent his headaches ( and this could also be a pretty smart tactic on his side, to persuade you to become submissive !) I wonder if he's perhaps being manipulative about this ? You should not be submissive, and stifle your own opinions, and maybe if he insists on that, he needs a much less intelligent gf ?
Surely he should see at least a GP for a proper physical check-up ( for instance, does he have high blood pressure ? )

2
Posted by: Star | 2016/05/01

I get really bad headache when me ??an my fella argue ??an it lasts for days

Reply to Star
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/13

pain in the neck