Question
Posted by: lou | 2005/06/01

Boyfriend has a rash on his penis - STD?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months. About a month after we got together he devloped dry, rough irritated patches on his penis. We dismissed it because we thought it was from the hard sex that we regularly have. Now it is turning into a bigger problem because as a result of the increased sensitivity he is coming after about 2 minutes of sex whereas in the past he lasted about 20 minutes.

My question is two fold
1. Do you know what is wrong and what we can do to treat it?
2. If he had to go to get it checked out by a specialist should he go and see a dermatologist or a urologist

Thank you very much

PS. Is it possible to email me your answer?

Lou, it sounds like he just has a superficial fungal infection and applying something like Normopor® cream 2-3 times a day for a week should take care of it. If it doesn’t clear up, the best would be for him to see his GP. Good luck.