Question
Posted by: ASHLEIGH | 2006/04/05

BOY OR GIRL

I WAS TOLD FOR A LITTLE GIRL YOU NEED INSEMINATION BEFORE OVULATION AND FOR A BOY AFTER OVULATION.

PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE AS I AM STARTING A.I. AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE A BABY GIRL.

URGENT !!!!!!! OVULATION NEXT WEEK.

Dear Ashleigh

Theoretically this is true but in reality the success rate for such an occurrence is in the region of 60 to 65%. It is still believed that in the end the final decision to allow the sperm to penetrate the egg is determined by the egg itself and in many instances sex determination is not simply a matter of timing

1
Posted by: SLC | 2006/04/06

I used to believe all that stuff too but my doc assures me that either way there's a 50/50 chance. Apparantly the sperm go through a transformation once inside you to be able to fertilise an egg & this takes around 12 hours. So basically, the sperm need to be there before the egg pops & you have a 50/50 chance of it being a boy or girl.

At the end of the day though, you'll be happy with whatever you get as long as it's perfectly healthy & perfect!

Reply to SLC