Question
Posted by: wants 2 kick butt! | 2003/02/20

boxing?

I have quite a bit of weight to lose but not only that i'd like to become really fighting/running fit. I've long admired boxers physiques and would like to know how they get their bodies into such great shape? Perhaps some pointers?

My advice would be to start on a generalised programme (you could find one on the home page in Shape up for Summer). Therefore, you can specialise. A boxer (like any pro athlete), gets his physique from hours and hours of intense training, caeful (sometimes very strict eating plans) and LOADS of discipline. Favourable genetics probably helps too!

It's great to aspire to have a physique like that, but perhaps start off with just planning to get fit and healthy - otherwise you may get despondent.

Good luck.