Question
Posted by: melanie | 2007/04/02

BOXER -need advice

We have just adopted a 11 month old boxer puppy - i need advice from other boxer owners. He is very hyperactive and wants to eat all the time. any tips to control him and is this normal.
Suggestions with children?

It is normal for Boxer pups to be "hyperactive" - they can remain so into adulthood. They are usually good with children by can knock them over. Schooling is advisable to get they to respond to voice commands. Feed large breed puppy food according to the instructions on the food bag.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2007/04/02

I have two boxers.. Monty my male is 7 , Miki my girlie is 6 , for starters they are still hyperactive.

A boxer puppy at 11 months is still growing and is going to eat a lot. Deworm him and get him onto a good quality dog food like Vets Choice and feed him according to the instructions on the bag.

Boxers need a lot of excercise and training , they are generally fine with children if somewhat bombastic.

Get your guy into obedience school .Play with him often and make him part of your familly .

Dont forget to neuter and I promise you wont find a better dog

You can mail me for more info at carolm1 dot telkomsa dot net

Reply to Carol