Question
Posted by: R | 2008/06/06

Bowel Question

Hi Doc,
Please help, I have been suffering from constipation on and off for years now. Recently I have been under alot of stress and have been feeingl the urge to pass a stool 3 or 4 times a day now but not much happens expect that I pass a small stool which has the appearance of mucous with blood streaks. Is this something to worry about or is ita a combination of the stress and constipation? I am getting a bit worried now.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The bloody streaks are most probably due to the constipation. I recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist to have tests done. You should also consult a dietrician to get assistance regarding a healthy balanced diet.

Kind regards