Question
Posted by: Joe | 2003/03/02

Bowel Movement

What is "regular" bowel movement. It takes me sometimes four to five days before I have a bowel movement. Is there something natural that I can take to make it more regular ?

Joe, normal bowel movement is defined as passing normal stools not more than 3 times a day and not less than once every three days and that’s already pushing it. The natural things you can take that won’t do harm are bran, dried fruit and honey. They will have no side effects and will do no harm. If it doesn’t work you will have to take something stronger to make you go and then you go back to the above. Good luck.