Question
Posted by: sanja | 2004/01/19

botox injection

I am 48 years old and want to know if a botox injection will let me look younger. For how long does this injection last and will I look older once the period expired?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Sanja,

A Botox injection will not immediately make you look younger. The injection addresses the muscles which you normally over-use, without thinking, like frown lines, crow''s feet (the lines next to your eyes), smile lines and smoker's lines around the mouth. These muscles are temporarily put out of action by Botox, which means that you won't be able to frown, etc. In time it smoothes the wrinkles caused by the use of these muscles. This is what lends a younger appearance. Botox injections last between 2-3months, and with repeated use may last as long as 6-9 months.