Question
Posted by: L | 2007/12/13

Boss threatened to beat and kill me??

I would like to believe that I am hardworker, and does my job to the best of my ability but find that my boss and his mistress are impossible and make my life hell!!!

I work along with his mistress who happen to badmouth me to the boss on their private hours, and the following day the boss will be accusing me of things I am not aware of. She listens to my calls with clients, give feedback to the boss about what I do wrong, and th eboss will come screaming at me for no aparent reason, saying he will beat and kill me.

I am so tired of this. There is no HR department in this company and all Directors are buddies, you tell one of them , they tell him and he comes back me and wants to eat me alive.

I am so scared of working for this person, and I am actually traumatised right now!!!

What to do in this situation?

Sounds like a truly lousy company, badly run and probably doomed to fail before much longer. Keep looking for another job --- apart from the unp[leasantness of working with such nasty people, if the company collapses through their mismanagement, you'd be without a job anyway. You might also try calling and talking with the Dept of Labour and CCMA, to see if they are breaking significant laws or regulations and whether there is some protection you could call upon. And if ANYONE threatens to beat and kill you, that's a crime, and you could report them to the police and law charges.

1
Posted by: Micky | 2007/12/13

This behaviour from your boss is totally unacceptable!! Why can't you look for another job? Nobody should be treated in that way!!. He should be reported! Why don't you approach them both and tell them how you feel? If you do not succeed, I suggest you look for another job ASAP.

All the best.

Reply to Micky