Question
Posted by: Rtc | 2004/11/19

Boss not talking to me!!!Difficult to work with him

My boss and I have been getting along for my first 2 months in a company, but now he is not talking to me. The thing is I report to him, and find it difficult to work unnder these circumstances. When I ask something from him eg training, he just give me a cold answer such as "You dont need training". I ve been forwarding a couple of complaints to him, and he is not responding.

Its been 6 months now, and its getting more difficult. At first I thought maybe he s got problems at home, but he 's been doing this to me for 3 months now. He act as if he dont care. Everone at work already had their perfomance appraisals except for me , and cant do it. He 's not even interested in reviewing the work I do for him or following it up. If I take initiatiev and ask him to review, he just take the file and will put it aside,and not do anything on it.

I m even afraid of asking him , as I can see that his actions have a meaning, but I dont know what to think. When we see each other, cant greet each other/say anything.

I m so confused and I dont know what to do!!

IS there a HR dept at work, with which you could discuss this ? And surely, as G says, you really have to say to him that you are woried because his attitude towards you has changed since you started working with him, making it hard for you at work, and you can't see why this has happened. He owes you an explanation

3
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/19

Maybe he doesn't think that you need a performance review after such a short time?

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/19

Yip, sit down behind closed doors and lay it all on the table... what have you got to loose?? Its not like he can ignore or treat you any worst...

Reply to Mona
Posted by: G | 2004/11/19

RTC only one way to deal with this talk to him ask him if he has a problem with you ?

Reply to G