Posted by: SeisaT | 2009/06/11

Borken/Dislocated Sternum Join

My wife had a car accident about four years ago. Ever since, she has been occassionally complaining about severe pain in the chest. She has a swelling or protrusion where the upper and lower sternum bones join. This pain is so intense at times that any body movement is a nightmare. Her doctor (GP) said then that she probably experienced a dislocation where the two sternum bones join and that there wasn' t much that can be done to repair the damage. Please advice on what other surgical options or any other remedies she might have to repair the damage?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageChiroDoc

If the x/rays have revealed a dislocation or fracture of the sternum, it is imperative that you consult an orthpaedic surgeon for possible surgery, advice and correction.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.