Question
Posted by: Hermy | 2007/05/23

boric acid for yeast??

hello
i have had a very long and annoying battle with a yeast infection recently. my doctor prescribed me 14 days of boric acid suppositories. once a day for 14 days. I've found that since I've been doing the treatment that I am more itchy than i was before i started it. Is this normal? and more importantly...is the boric acid working?? I have 7 days left of the therapy and can't wait to be better....(hoping that it works that is) please someone make me believe that i'm not doing 14 days of suppositories in vain. Why is it so itchy since I've started?

I have not heard of boric acid as a treatment for yeast infections.

1
Posted by: K | 2007/05/23

Some yeast treatment are known to worsen the situation, i think you should go for gynae check up let them do a pep smear to see what bacteria you may have and what they should prescribe for you, if you don't , you could be just waisting your time or that treatment you taking is working but you body has form a resistance against it, depending on how long you have been on it.

Reply to K