Posted by: Martie | 2008/06/24


Where can we get help for someone with BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Excellent response from KAy. And as The Oracle says, this is a complex diagnosis which can ONLY be made properly by a psychiatrist or psychologist who would have an absolute professional duty to explain the diagnosis and outlook, and to either provide suitable treatment or to refer you to someone who could provide this. If this is a self-or otherwise amateur diagnosis, then the first step would be to see a shrink for a proper assessment, and advice based on that

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: The Oracle | 2008/06/24

I would say whoever "diagnozed" the person and scared the hell out of you all with those big words should tell you what to do and where to go.

Surely the person wasn't diagnozed by a lay-person?

Reply to The Oracle
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/06/24

A psychologist in your area.

A psychiatrist in your area.

Online forums where people with BPD get together and help each other and discuss problems, as a support group. Try goggling the words. (Yes, to google is a real verb)

Try contacting SADAG (SA Depression and Anxiety Group) - they help with all sorts of mental illness, not just depression and anxiety.

Phone LifeLine and ask them for local resources - they usually keep a resource file to refer people to, for specific problem areas.

Perhaps CS or others can think of more...

Reply to Kay in Gtown

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.