Question
Posted by: Mia | 2007/05/19

Borderline Personality Disorder

My terapeut het na 6 maande se terapie besluit om my te diagnoseer met BPD. Alles is nogal nuut vir my en 'n redelike skok vir my sisteem. Wow, 'n groot label om te dra...

Help my asb om BPD beter te verstaan.

Werklik a groot en swaar label on te dra. But it'd take me pages and pages to try to explian it to you --- you can do a web-search ( try google ) to see a range of materials on Borderline PD ; and it is trul your therapist's absolute duty to explain to you in detail not simply what Borderline is considered to be, but how HE sees Borderline, especially in your case, and what he proposes to do about it with you. And he has already been paid to do this, and needs to do so. If after you've read around, and discussed it with him, come back here if you have further questions. You need your therapist's personal take on this, in oder to be able to work effectively withhim

1
Posted by: Mia | 2007/05/28

Thanks for the above.
I just want to know if this is something that I will always have and if there is a bit of hope that I can recover.
I am only 28 years old and do not want to be a mental case for the rest of my life.

Reply to Mia