Question
Posted by: Purple | 2005/05/30

Borderline personality disorder

Hi CS,

I've just seen this term in someone elses posting, but I don't know what it means. What is bordlerine personality disorder?

Purple.

Check the archives of the forum, as I have discussed it in some detail previously. ALso, do a web search on google. It's a concept much used in the USA, and less well-known in SA. SOmeone with Borderline Personality is fragile, and has, for instance, a tendency to be thrown off balance by relatively minor events ( let alone more majopr events ) ; they readily feel totally abandoned ( even if their therapist is off for an afternoon ) ; and tend to see people strictly in black and white --- either you're absolutely marvellous and superb and can solve all their problems ; or you are evil and dreadful and the cause of every problem.