Question
Posted by: Dine | 2006/04/03

Boosting Immune System

Hi Doc,
I tend to fall ill quickly and find it takes a long time to shake a cold off. I was wondering if there are any foods or supplements which i could eat or use to boost my immune system and get rid of the "blah" feeling?

Many Thanks
Dine

Dear Dine
If you are not eating a balanced, varied diet which includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, I would suggest that you take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn for 2-3 months plus probiotics ('good bugs'). Try Intestiflora which you can buy at health shops. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and read about 'The Balanced Diet.