Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/08

Bonus

My maid always gets a full bonus and deserves it being the bestest care giver for Charne.

This year however I am not getting a decent one just a kwarter of my salary less tax.

Any ideas?

,,,,,

10
Posted by: Hey | 2005/12/08

Sorry, just beating about the bush to get some reaction.

Reply to Hey
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/08

Hello Hey

THOSE are the best to have as workers!

Yes there is a shortage of jobs and one would think that the legal ones would appreciate it...they dont.

I care to have a worker who's dedicated and can be trusted, sorry if you don't like it.

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Hey | 2005/12/08

Is she an illegal immigrant? They are not supposed to be employed in SA as there is already a major shortage of jobs.

Reply to Hey
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/12/08

Enige bonus is vrygewiglik Friend.

EK WIL DIT VIR HAAR GEE.

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/08

Volgens die nuwe arbeidswette is huiswerkers glad nie meer geregtig op 'n bonus nie, omdat hulle nou 'n minimum loon ontvang wat verhoog is vanaf 1 Desember 2005. As jy vir haar 'n bonus gee, is dit nie verpligtend nie, maar vrywilliglik.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/08

Sy's die beste hoor - wat ek ookal besluit sal sy aanvaar DIT weet ek.

Sy's so 'n goeie mens - maar ek wil haar NOOIT verloor nie...

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/08

Very good idea. But do explain why to her first. Why not give her the opportunity to choose between half now and then half later or half now and the rest in groceries.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/12/08

Ek weet dis moeilik maar as jy enigsins kan, gee haar haar volle bonus. Dink hoe jy voel oor jou kwart bonus. Dit gaan vir haar soveel erger wees as sy nie die hele bonus kry nie. En soos jy sê, sy help en bring meer as wat van haar verwag word. Dis nie haar skuld jy kry net kwart van jou bonus nie.

Kersfees gaan oor geld. Dis baie depressing want almal soek "christmas" en hulle dink nie waar jy dit uitkrap nie.

Sterkte.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/08

I was thinking of maybe giving her half and then letting her buy groceries coz she's going home to Zimbabwe for the holiday on my credit card?

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/08

Oh dear, this is a hard one. It is like a chain reaction. You sound like you have a lot of respect for her and care about her, so my suggestion would be, if you can afford it, give her the full bonus she deserves. Otherwise, explain the situation to her and tell her that you will be looking for another job in the new year, will give her a bit of a bonus now, but will make it up to her when you can.

Reply to Frusty