Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2008/06/09

Bones in pain

Hello im 23 years old, when i sleep sometimes i wake up and can't make my knee straight i have to wake someone up to help and to make it straight is so painfull.When i stand up climb stairs my knee makes this crunching sound.My thigh is also in pain and goes from my hip to my knee but it feels like the bone it is paining.All my joints is also in pain. I went for x-rays and said nothing was wrong but i know its not nothing.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Andrea
If you're not satisfied with the opinion you got from your doctor, you can ask to be referred to a rheumatologist who specialises in all forms of arthritis. It is probably a bit of osteo-arthritis (wear and tear changes as we age), but you need to have a physical examination and possible some blood tests done.