Question
Posted by: Harry | 2006/07/28

bone pain

I am a 49 yr old male 1.68m tall and weighs 80 kg.

More than a month ago I woke up with a pain on my

right shoulder . The pain is more severe when I sleep.

I am concerned as pains normally come and go within a few

days.My physician gave me an antibiotic which helped before

when I had a lower back pain.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Harry
I think he probably gave you an anti-iflammatory drug and not an antibiotic (that is for an infection). Please go back to him for a check up. If it is really bothersome, he can do some tests and/or x-rays to determine the cause e.g. osteo-arthritis.

2
Posted by: Healthy Bones Expert | 2006/08/02

Dear Sam
You say you weigh 48 kg's- are you small boned or just very thin? I do suggest you see a physician if these pains do not get better- I cannot make a diagnosis or an informed speculation on the internet- you need to be examined by a doctor

Reply to Healthy Bones Expert
Posted by: Sam | 2006/07/31

I am 24 years old and weigh 48kg
Ever since I was 18, I have had bad pains in my arms and legs. It feels more like growing pains; at times, I cannot walk or hold objects as the pain is very bad. I went to see my GP about this because the pain was very sever and they gave me a valtaren injection. The pain stayed the same for at least an hour after the injection.
I still get the pains and would like to know why? and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Reply to Sam