Question
Posted by: Elmarie | 2006/07/24

Bone marrow doner

How can I go about getting my tested and getting my name on a list to donate bone marrow?

Hi Elmarie
SANBS works in conjunction with the Darren Serebro Bone Marrow Foundation, the Union of Jewish Women and Groote Schuur hospital. Potential bone marrow donors must be between the ages of 18 and 55 at the time of registration. They should also be in good general health and have no history of hepatitis or other sexually transmitted diseases. Blood donors are able to submit their bone marrow sample at one of the SANBS’s blood donor centres.
Phone 0800 11 90 31