Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/07/31

BOKOMO UP & GO LIQUID BREAKFAST

I have BOKOMO UP & GO LIQUID BREAKFAST (WITH THE FIBRE CONTENT OF 2 WEEK-BOX & MILK) every morning, instead of other cereals, as I cannot eat so early in the morning and believe that it is good to have breakfast. So I have a 250ml up&go and a banana.

My question: is this ok when trying to loose weight?

TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Energy 850KJ
Protein 9.0g
Total Fat 3.8g
Saturated 0.5g
Transfatty Acids 0.0g
Polyunsaturated 2.3g
Monounsaturated 1.0g
Carbohydrate 31.0g
Sugar 18.5g
Dietary Fibre 4.0g
Sodium 188mg
Potassium 463mg
Vitamin A 127mg
Thiamin Vit B1 0.28mg
Riboflavin Vit B2 0.43mg
Niacin Vit B3 2.5mg
Vitamin B12 0.36mg
Vitamin C 10mg
Folate 100mg
Vitamin B6 0.4mg
Calcium 400mg
Phosphorus 250mg

THANKS :-)

Dear Lucy
Thanks so much for listing the nutritional composition of the Bokomo Up & Go, as this enables me to judge if it is suitable when you are dieting. The energy value of 850 kJ is fine because we use a general rule that each one of the 3 daily meals should contain not more than 2100 kJ when you are trying to lose weight. Even if you add a banana (average energy content 384 kJ per 100g) you will not be having more than about 1300 kJ for breakfast. This means you can have a mid-morning snack of fruit and fat-free yoghurt to make up the other 900 kJ for the morning.
Enjoy