Posted by: ERIKA | 2009/08/05

BOILS on pubic area

Please could you advise if this is normal. I am 45 years old. In July 08 in went for IVF treatment which was unsuccessful. My period cycle went to normal again the very next month. However in October 08 I started getting boils on my pubic area. It is hard and painful to the touch and when I burst white pus and blood flows out. Innitially this was happening just after my period but now it happens 2-3 times a month. Is it serious? What can I do? Did th etratment have anything to do with it?

Please advise.
Many thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

The treatment would not have anyhting tro do with it. It sounds like infected hair follicles. Avoid shaving the area and use an exfoliating cream.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.