Question
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2004/10/14

Boils

What is the cause of Boils, how can I prevent boils appearing and how do I treat boils.

Dear Bronwyn
Boils are usually caused by bacterial infections which can arise from a so-called locus of infection such as your nose. From a dietetic point of view you can try using a zinc supplement and omega-3 (Salmon oil capsules) to boost your immune system, but you still need to consult your medical dr (preferably a Dermatologist if you have recurrent boils) to have the present boils treated with antibiotics and topical creams and to prevent future occurrences.
Take care