Question
Posted by: Caren | 2003/03/24

Boilers

My daughter (14) gets boilers on her bottom and right leg as frequantly as 2 per week. It is not that she is not higenic, she even bathes in a little bit of detol to try prevent them, but wiht no use. Will you please help me, for we've been to doctors who prescribed antibiotics for 2 months, but nothing helps. This is beginning to be a big problam, for all the boilers make very nasty marks on her legs and for a 14 year old, it is almost unbareble. Help her, please. Caren

Caren, I posted an answer on the 21st of March, but it looks like you didn’t receive it. The best would be to have some puss sent away to find out what the causative organism is. Once it’s been identified, she will need to take the appropriate antibiotics until they’ve all cleared up. You can get some Hibiscrub® soap from the pharmacy and she should wash the affected area daily. You will also have to take her to the doctor to make sure that she doesn’t have an underlying disease like diabetes or anaemia.
If the above doesn’t sort out the problem, the best would be to see a good dermatologist and see if he can’t help. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Sport | 2003/03/24

She may have colonisation of certain bacteria on her skin which is causing these boils. Perhaps she should wash her skin with more of an effective anti-bacterial substance. Maybe something similar to what Doctors use to wash/scrub their hands in operating theaters? I wonder how good this new "protex" anti-bacterial soap is? What about using an ointment like "Bactroban", daily?
In the meantime, also search the archives on this forum.

Reply to Sport