Question
Posted by: Jamie | 2005/12/09

Boil?

Hi, I woke up this morning to an uncomfortable feeling under my armpit. I couldn't continue sleeping and then asked my mom her opinion on what it could be because she would have a better view on the whole thing- where I could just feel it and touch it. My mom's reply wasa boil.
My mom's reply shocked me because I don't know how I got it. I do stress a lot!!! And my mom said the main cause could be that or a lack of something. PLease help and any advice or imformation will really help.

Dear Jamie,
Sometimes the sweat glands in the armpit gets blocked and cause infection. Wash with antiseptic soap, put something like Bactroban ointment on and if it makes a yellow point, please go to your GP to let him/her drain it for you. Stay away from deoderants until it is healed.