Question
Posted by: Woody | 2004/11/12

Boil

Doc, I wrote to you a month or so ago regarding my problem
of boils. I now have three under one arm and the pain is
unbearable. My GP gave me Amoxillin but it seems not to help.
How can I avoid bois at all costs. This is very painful. You told
me they are caused by bacteria but I have not had them since birth but now at my age they are really taking a toll? What can
remedy the pain and make the boils not to come back? Plse help
I am suffering ( By the way I am a lady)

Woody, the best would be to have from the boils send away to determine whether amoxycillin is the appropriate antibiotic. Seeing a specialist physician to make sure that there isn’t an underlying problem like diabetes will also be a good idea. Unfortunately there isn’t much I can do from this side of the screen except for the advice I’ve already given, so do the above and we can take it from there. Good luck.