Question
Posted by: Sula | 2003/12/15

BOIL

It's the second day since I have notived that I have developed a boil in between my buttocks, just above the rectum are. What can you prescribe for me to treat the boil. At the present moment I only use Savlon clean the boil. The previous boil I got was when I was 11yrs old and it was at the back of my head.
I can even seat or walk properly. PLEASE HELP

Sula, you can apply an anti-bacterial ointment like Bactroban® or Betadine® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to take antibiotics. Good luck.

1
Posted by: SULA | 2003/12/17

Thanx for the reply.
Today I have noticed that it's not a boil its something like a blister (a size of a nut). I think that if it was a boil it would have been painful and the boil would be hard when I touch it. One other thing I would have struggeled to walk. Can I queeze out the fluid inside the blister and apply betadine or should I leave it the way it is. THE BLISTER IS NOT PAINFUL

Reply to SULA