Posted by: Sula | 2003/12/15


It's the second day since I have notived that I have developed a boil in between my buttocks, just above the rectum are. What can you prescribe for me to treat the boil. At the present moment I only use Savlon clean the boil. The previous boil I got was when I was 11yrs old and it was at the back of my head.
I can even seat or walk properly. PLEASE HELP

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Sula, you can apply an anti-bacterial ointment like Bactroban® or Betadine® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to take antibiotics. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SULA | 2003/12/17

Thanx for the reply.
Today I have noticed that it's not a boil its something like a blister (a size of a nut). I think that if it was a boil it would have been painful and the boil would be hard when I touch it. One other thing I would have struggeled to walk. Can I queeze out the fluid inside the blister and apply betadine or should I leave it the way it is. THE BLISTER IS NOT PAINFUL

Reply to SULA

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.